Setting up targeted campaigns in Choozle can be completed in several steps! As follows are some guidelines on how to leverage the Campaigns tool. If you need help with strategy, setup, or optimization, please take a look at the additional resources below or reach out to our Client Experience team via the Choozle Support Center, and we'll be happy to help out!
Setting Up Campaigns
From the Campaigns dashboard, you can create new campaigns and view the performance of your existing campaigns.
- To create a campaign, click the green Create Campaign button in the upper-righthand corner.
- Give your campaign a name and choose a campaign-level goal and KPI. This allows the optimization engine to prioritize the best inventory and set your bids to maximize performance towards the chosen KPI.
- Define your campaign settings, including flight dates, budget, pacing type, and conversion events.
- Auto-Allocate Ad Group Budgets: By default, this is automatically enabled upon campaign creation. To turn it off, toggle the switch to “Off.”
It is recommended that the ad group budgets are the same as the campaign budget to receive the full benefits of auto-allocate. You can adjust the budgets to limit spending to specific ad groups.
Example: Campaign Budget: $5000 ---- Ad Group 1 Budget: $5000 ---- Ad Group 2 Budget: $5000
- Select from three pacing types to determine the daily budget campaign for the campaign. The selection will be carried into all the ad groups of your campaign and can be changed.
- Pacing Ahead: The default for all new campaigns, this pacing type will adjust the daily cap so that 60 percent of the budget is used in the first half of the campaign flight. The platform will dynamically update the daily cap to pace evenly thereafter. This pacing type will not allow you to use daily impression caps as it prioritizes the calculated daily spend, but you can still set a total impression cap.
- Pacing Evenly: This pacing type will adjust the daily cap to reflect the remaining budget evenly over the remaining days of the campaign. This pacing type will not allow you to use daily impression caps as it prioritizes the calculated daily spend, but you can still set a total impression cap.
- Pacing Manually: Set a daily budget cap for the maximum amount you would like the campaign to spend in a single day. The daily budget cap can be manually updated throughout the campaign’s flight dates. This selection allows you to set total and daily impression caps.
- Add up to twenty-five conversion URLs. Please note that for conversions to track, the Smart Container Tag must be placed on the root URL of the conversion events' pages.
- Save your campaign settings and move on to the Ad Group Setup - Campaign Manager article.
To clone over a campaign with all included ad groups, navigate to the campaign's green Action button in the Campaign Dashboard and select "Clone":
Once the campaign has been saved, you can go into the campaign and ad group settings and edit flight dates, budgets, audience, etc.
You can archive specific campaigns by opening up the campaign details, clicking the green ellipses in the right-hand corner, and then selecting "Archive Campaign":
Archiving a campaign removes it from your campaign dashboard, although you can still view it by filtering on archived campaigns.
You will then have the option to unarchive a campaign by clicking the same green ellipses under the campaign details page and selecting "Unarchive Campaign":
Archiving campaigns is a great option to immediately re-allocate unused campaign funds to your account balance for use in a future campaign or remove it from your dashboard view.