- Medical & Health Content
- HIPAA Compliance
- Tobacco & Drug Content
- Alcohol Content
- Gambling & Casinos
Medical & Health Content
Google sets strict restrictions on the promotion of several sensitive topics, including healthcare-related content.
The Google policy "restricts the promotion of healthcare-related content such as the following:
- over-the-counter medication
- prescription medication and information about the prescription medication
- online and offline pharmacies
- pregnancy and fertility-related products and services
- medical services and procedures
- medical devices and tests
- clinical trial recruitment
- sexual enhancement treatments
The restrictions that apply to this content may vary depending on the product or service that you're promoting and the countries that you're targeting. Some content, such as unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements, can't be promoted anywhere.
Depending on the content that you're promoting and the countries where your ads appear, you may need to apply for pre-authorization with Google before advertising healthcare-related content."
Luckily, as soon as you upload your creative assets to the Creative Asset Library, your creative will begin being reviewed by the ad networks, so Choozle recommends uploading your creative assets as soon as possible.
You can see Google's complete policy here.
It is absolutely still possible to run this type of content on the ad networks with whom Choozle partners. Simply dedicate time to crafting thoughtful creative and messaging, and upload your creative for review as soon as possible.
Below you will find a general guideline for health-related content and the type of targeting that is available.
-Very serious, social stigma, very private
- All NAI-sensitive conditions
Addiction, Alzheimer's, Blood Disorders, Bone Marrow Disorder, Cancer, Children’s Conditions (except basic wellness), Congestive Heart Failure, HCV, Hepatitis C, HIV, HPV, Mental Health, Leukemia, Lung Disease, Miscarriage, Multiple Sclerosis, Neurological Disorders, Pregnancy Termination, OCD, Pituitary Tumors, Post-Partum Depression, Seizures, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Stroke
Minimum audience size of 5,000 required
-In between (neither High nor Low sensitivity conditions)
Acne, Anemia, Angina, Appetite Loss, Arthritis, Atrial fibrillation, Asthma, Birth Control, Chronic Pain, Constipation, COPD, Crohn's Disease, Diabetes, DVT, Eczema, Endometriosis, Endocrine Conditions, Epilepsy, Food Allergy, Genetic Disorders, GERD, Glaucoma, Gout, Heart Disease, Heart Attacks (preventative), High Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Hair Loss, Hearing Loss, Heart & Hypertension, Infectious Diseases, Injury, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Disorders, Insulin, Joint or Knee Rehabilitation, Low Testosterone, Migraine, Obesity, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Overactive Bladder, Pancreatic Insufficiency, Plaque Psoriasis, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Disease, Preventive Polio Vaccine, Shingles, Sinusitis, Skin Conditions, Sleep Disorders, Smoking Cessation, TMJ, Ulcerative Colitis
-Low- or no-sensitivity conditions
-Common conditions, no social stigma, generally not very private or incredibly common.
Acid Reflux, Allergies, Allergic Reactions, Back Pain, Basic Diet and Nutrition, Cold & Flu, Dry Eyes, Flu Virus, Hearing Aids, Headache, Insomnia, Pain Management, Vitamins and Supplements, Weight Loss
Choozle, and all our partners, do not collect or use any Personal Identifiable Information with the Smart Container Tag, third-party data providers, or other tracking mechanisms that would violate HIPAA compliance. We collect a user’s anonymous cookie profile and then match that to a Choozle ID for retargeting purposes, but again, there is no PII stored or collected.
However, if you are using CRM onboarding or Device ID targeting, you as an operator of the platform must ensure that your first-party data that contain Personal Identifiable Information is HIPAA compliant before uploading any of this data into the Choozle platform.
Subject to the service provider terms, we will act as your CCPA service provider, or GDPR processor, with respect to data, processed or used within the Choozle Platform. By uploading any CRM list or Device ID lists, you agree that you have expressed consent to use this data in this manner and that the Client Data does not infringe on the rights of any third party or violate any applicable law or regulation.
As part of Choozle’s commitment to respect privacy concerns and implement industry-recognized standards, Choozle complies with the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, which are designed to inform consumers about data collection and advertising practices across multiple websites and to provide consumers the ability to opt-out. Choozle is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) which is an industry association that issues self-regulatory advertising principles. We comply with the current NAI Codes of Conduct.
Tobacco & Drug Content
Google sets strict restrictions on the promotion of several sensitive topics, including content related to tobacco, marijuana, and drug-related equipment.
The Google policy restricts the promotion of products and services that "cause damage, harm, or injury." These include:
- Products that are designed to explode and could cause damage to nearby people or property
- Functional devices that appear to discharge a projectile at high velocity
- Knives that are designed or promoted as products that can be used to injure an opponent in a sport, self-defense, or combat
- Products that form a component part of a tobacco product, as well as products and services that directly facilitate or promote tobacco consumption
The restrictions that apply to this content may vary depending on the product or service that you're promoting and the countries that you're targeting.
Depending on the content that you're promoting and the countries where your ads appear, you may need to apply for pre-authorization with Google. Luckily, as soon as you upload your creative assets to the Creative Asset Library, your creative will begin being reviewed by the ad networks, so Choozle recommends uploading your creative assets as soon as possible.
You can see Google's complete policy here.
It is absolutely still possible to run this type of content on the ad networks with whom Choozle partners. Simply dedicate time to crafting thoughtful creative and messaging, and upload your creative assets for review as soon as possible.
- Alcohol ads must only be shown to users located in countries in which its allowed (see country restrictions below)
- Clients are responsible for complying with all country, regional, local laws & regulations, and self-regulated restrictions.
- All advertising campaigns must adhere to SSP restrictions
- Alcohol ads must not specifically or knowingly target users under the age of 18. If a country has a higher Legal Drinking Age or LDA requirements campaigns must adhere to the countries minimums
- Clients must follow the country’s regulations and applicable self-regulatory frameworks pertaining to target audience compositions and acceptable advertising inventory sources
- Alcohol ads must not target pregnant people or in any way suggest or encourage alcohol drinking of pregnant people
- Given the habit-forming potential of the product, we prohibits selecting and targeting small group sof people. The size of the final target audience, after applying all targeting qualifiers and refinements, must be larger than 5,000 ID’s.
- Targeting (contextual, first-party, third-party, or otherwise) any interests, segments, keywords, sites, or other content that deals with alcohol addictions, mental health, substance abuse, or other addictions is prohibited
- Retargeting based on clicks or views is permitted
- Impression retargeting is prohibited
- Player Event retargeting is permitted for alcohol advertisers as long as at least 25% or more of the video is viewed
- 1P and 3P data usage is permitted as long as it follows the guidelines in this policy
Alcohol ad creatives and landing pages must:
- Not make claims about alcohol’s nutritional, cosmetic, health, social, or therapeutic benefits
- Not encourage excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Contain any necessary disclaimers or warning messages as required under local laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks
- Not appeal to young audience, including, but. Not limited to, using cartoon characters and youth role models
- Not associate drinking with activities that require care such as driving or operating other heavy machinery
- Not depict pregnant women or minors as actors or models in such advertising
- Not depict people under the influence of alcohol
- Not misrepresent the product or service’s quality, potency, concentration, or safety
Note: the above restrictions are not required for PSAs directed towards the dangers of alcohol consumption
- Alcohol advertisers must be clearly categorized during Advertiser account set-up
- Geo and age rails (reflecting legal drinking age in a given country) must be in place for all alcohol campaigns
- We are required to block access to inventory from SSPs that prohibit this category
- Note: we are not currently aware of any SSPs that expressly prohibit alcohol ad content in countries where such content is legally permissible. (as of 7/8/22)
- LAL Models
- LAL models are permitted for alcohol advertisers with the additional requirement that an age layer is added that is 21+ or applicable age limited as required by local regulations
- This policy does not apply to Non-alcoholic beer/wine/spirits
The following countries include Choozle’s Alcohol advertising Green Zone. Alcohol advertising is permitted here so long as local restrictions are met. For any country outside of this list, please reach out to your Account Manager or the Choozle Support Center for additional information/approval.
- North America: United States*, Canada**
- EMEA: United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
- APAC: Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- ROW: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rico, South Africa
*legal drinking age in Canada is 19 years old
**legal drinking age in the US is 21 years old
For clients wishing to advertise CBD products, please contact the Choozle Support Center.
Choozle's platform does not support the advertisement of firearms.
Examples of components not supported include:
- Devices that appear to or function to project ammunition.
- Examples include handguns, rifles, shotguns, explosives, and more.
- Materials used for firearms.
- Examples include ammunition, magazines, optics, suppressors, and others.
Creative assets that violate this policy will be disapproved, and your campaign and account in Choozle may be paused. If you have any questions on this policy, please reach out to us via the Support Center.
Gambling and Casinos
Clients are able to advertise casino and gambling campaigns in the United States (excluding New Jersey) after submitting a copy of the organizations gambling license and a signed copy of Choozle's Gambling Addendum. Please reach out to the Choozle Support Center if you plan on advertising this content. If you are planning to advertise gambling content outside of the United States, please reach out to your account manager or the Choozle Support Center with a list of all countries you are planning to target.