If you would like to deploy Choozle’s Smart Container Tag via Shopify, you will need to drop the Smart Container Tag into the Shopify code as well to ensure it's firing there, too.
Instructions How To Install Choozle SCT In Shopify
Here are two steps to take in order to get the conversion event firing on Shopify checkout page:
- Log into your Shopify ORG
- On the left sidebar, click on the 'Online Store' then click 'Themes'
- Now that you're in 'Themes', click the on the ellipsis right next to the green 'Customize' button and hit 'Edit Code'
4. You will be redirected to page the page layout screen
5. Under the 'Layout' folder, select the theme.liquid file and hit edit
6. Grab your accounts Smart Container Tag script from Choozle, under Audiences> 'Manage My Sites'
7. Go back into Shopify and paste it right under the opening <head> tag.
8. Hit Save
9. Congrats! Now the Choozle Smart Container Tag is place on your websites root URL and will fire across all pages.
Enabling Dynamic Passback Conversions on Shopify Checkout Page
In addition to firing a standard conversion or retargeting event on the thank you / order confirmation page, Choozle also allows you to place a dynamic conversion pixel on this page to pass back dynamic conversion information (like revenue value and order ID).
Instructions How to Install A Dynamic Pixel In Shopify
1.) Once you've set up your checkout confirmation conversion event in campaign settings, submit a ticket via the Support Center requesting a Shopify dynamic passback pixel associated with that conversion event.
- Next, because the Shopify checkout process is hosted on Shopify and not on your own site, you'll need to drop the dynamic pixel script into the Additional Scripts field of the Checkout settings within your Shopify settings:
From the Shopify Admin view, select Settings in the bottom left corner.
Next, select Checkout.
3. Scroll down to the Order Status Page section and in the field labeled Additional Scripts, copy and place your dynamic pixel script into this field
4. You'll be provided with an image pixel pre-appended with Shopify's standard passback macros that looks like this:
<img height="1" width="1" style="border-style:none;" alt="" src="//insight.adsrvr.org/track/conv/?adv=k1gs2nt&ct=0:o3lgwy8&fmt=3&v=&vf=&orderid="/>
It should look something like this:
5. Hit Save
6. You're all done! Now in your standard Choozle reporting, you will be able to see the revenue value associated with each checkout. You may also request scheduled Conversion Detail reports, which will include order number in addition to revenue value.
If you need additional Shopify assistance, please reference the Shopify tracking pixel documentation here