- Getting Started
- Creating and Uploading App Lists
- How to Obtain an App ID
- Managing and Editing App List
- Using App Lists in Ad Groups
- Sharing App Lists Across Advertisers
App targeting allows you to narrow the bidding of your ad group to the specific apps that you would like to target by building whitelists or blocklists that you can leverage in your campaigns. There is no data CPM for this tactic, so only the media placement CPM will apply.
Creating and Uploading App Lists
- To target specific apps through Choozle, navigate to Libraries > Site Lists.
- Click the + icon in the light gray sub-navigation bar to add a new list. Please note that whitelists and blocklists must be built separately.
- Once on the new page, give your list a unique name and then download the template file or begin entering your list of desired apps IDs in the white box
- Enter the app IDs in Column A and save the file. For instructions on how to find the app ID, please read How to Obtain an App ID.
- Within the Site List Library, click Upload Excel File, select your file, and then click Add.
- To enter apps manually in the Site List Library, enter one app ID per line. Once all desired app IDs are listed, click Add.
- Click the trash can next to any app IDs to remove them from the list. Optionally, enter any notes, which will only display on this screen, and click the green 'Save' button to save the app list.
Note: Choozle will bid on available ad placements that match your indicated audience. If the desired app you made a list around does not have ad inventory available to the Real Time Bidding exchanges, we cannot serve the desired impressions.
How To Obtain an App ID
- The iTunes ID is the unique identifier of an iOS application. It can be found by searching for the app and finding the iTunes store web page for the app.
Google Play ID
- The Google Play ID is the unique identifier of an Android application. It can be found by searching for the app and finding the Play store web page for the app.
Managing and Editing App Lists
From the Site Lists dashboard (Libraries > Site Lists), you can manage and edit any existing app lists.
- Use the search box to search for app list by name.
- Click the > symbol next to any app list to expand and see what domains are included.
- Click Edit next to any app list to edit the apps on the list. Apps will be dynamically updated and any changes will be immediately applied to any ad group in which the given app list is included.
Using App Lists in Ad Groups
Once your app list is built, navigate to the Campaigns tool to add it to your ad groups.
- Within your ad group, scroll to the Targeting section.
- To whitelist apps on the elect your named app list from the Include Site Lists section. Enter the desired bid multiplier for that app list to the right.
To whitelist apps, enter a bid multiplier of 1 to bid your normal bid ranges. To bid higher on the app list, enter a bid multiplier greater than 1. Select Click here to add a new row with a different bid adjustment if you'd like to give different app lists different bid multipliers.
- To block apps, select your named block list from the Exclude Site Lists drop-down menu.
- Select your continue bidding adjustment. To bid only on apps on a white list, set a continue bidding adjustment of 0. To give preference to the apps on a white list while still opening up bidding to other apps, consider a continue bidding adjustment of 0.5 or of 1. If you are only implementing a block list, leave the continue bidding adjustment at 1.
- Once all desired app lists are added, save your ad group.
Sharing App Lists Across Advertisers
- Select the Libraries tool, a drop-down menu will visualize, select Site Lists.
- On the site List page, select the blue Share button.
- A pop-up window will open with a message: “Are you sure you want to share this list across all accounts? This cannot be undone.” Confirm or cancel.