An ad group is a single set of ads with an associated bid and audience within a campaign. Each of your campaigns is made up of one or more ad groups that can be managed individually. This allows you to adjust a single variable, such as bids, budget, creative, and more, within one ad group without affecting other ad groups' success within your campaign.
If you have multiple ad groups, you will see them as components of your overall campaign in Choozle in the Campaigns Tool.
Using Banner Display / 3rd Party Display
Display ads, also known as banner display, are a creative format that can be used in digital advertising. Banner Display is the most common creative format and comes in various sizes (Creative Specs).
These creative formats appear on various types of websites within the programmatic advertising environment, such as blogs, news sites, weather, entertainment sites, and more. Below is an example of where display ads, or banner display ads, could show on a website.
As with any ad or marketing message, Banner Display ads should have a clear call to action so that users will want to click on the ad and know exactly what they’ll get if they click on it.
For your display ad to build brand awareness, make it easy for users to identify your business as soon as they see your ad. Your business name and/or logo should be on there, and it should be clear right off the bat what you have to offer. This helps potential customers recognize you, know right away if your business is relevant to what they are looking for, and stash the info away for future recognition.
Create an Ad Group with Banner Display / 3rd Party Display
Below is an overview of setting up an ad group if you are using display, banner display, or 3rd party display.
- Before getting started, be sure to upload your Creative assets into Choozle's Creative Asset Library for use in your digital advertising campaigns. We recommend uploading creatives 72 hours before the launch of your campaigns to allow the exchanges ample time to approve the creatives and our technical support team time to troubleshoot any issues with the creatives. Note that all creative uploaded into Choozle will undergo the Creative Asset Approval and Validation Process.
- After you have created your campaign, you will be instructed to set up your first ad group. If you would like to create additional ad groups, you need to select add a New Ad Group.
- Define your ad group settings, goals, budget, and bids.
- Select a creative type. Select from Static Display or Third-party display.
- Select a Geolocation . Geolocation is a required component of all campaigns within Choozle and is set at the ad group level. All countries, states/provinces/regions, and cities/DMAs are available directly within the Choozle platform. For more granular targeting, postal code lists can be created and uploaded into the platform for any country that has a uniform postal code system.
- Select your targeting tactic or strategies. For more information on the different types of targeting tactics available and how to set them up, view the Knowledge Base article on
- Review your advanced settings to make additional bid adjustments based on device types, fold placement, scheduling, and more. For more information on the different options available under advanced settings and set them up, view the Knowledge Base article on Advanced Settings.
- Save ad group.
How to Measure Success for Banner Display / 3rd Party Display
It’s important to know how much business your banner ads are really driving. You can see which display ads are getting the most engagement by using tracked links and phone numbers. The two metrics for display advertising are:
- Impressions: how many times your ad appears on a page that is being viewed by a potential customer
- Clicks: how many of those views turn into an action such as a click through to your landing page
These two performance metrics can help you determine if your targeting and messaging for your ads attract the right results.